Monday, July 30, 2012

A Visit from Daniel

Daniel, our younger son, stopped in for a few days en route from a stint at a neutrino facility in Japan, to a wedding in Boston. His flights took him from Japan to LA to Denver to Chicago to Hartford. Miraculously, he arrived at 1 AM Monday of last week within half an hour of his original schedule despite all the delays and transfers he encountered.

While he was here we talked some physics, I actually was of some help  ( I got lucky).  We also did a bike ride. At the end of the ride I explained to him his style and mine are entirely different. He starts off quickly and works hard to maintain that pace through the ride. I start off slowly and then as I warm up I slow down further. This gives me lots of practice so that I am well equipped to slow down even more as the ride progresses.

Here are some pictures before and  after Daniel's getting trimmed for the wedding.  I am not sure what his affinity for Titus Adronicus  is ( read the T shirt in the after photo) but it gives me some hope of his developing a taste for the finer things. In the before photo, note how well I finished the siding on the front ( you probably can't even see it, and I still have to finish nailing, filling, and painting).

Before:





After



No comments: