Monday, September 17, 2012

Home and Physics

On the home repair front, I replaced the bottoms of all the columns in the front of the house, but still have to add the decorative trim. I replaced the delaminated plywood ceiling on the front porch with pine beadboard, which goes well with the country Victorian look.  I also  replaced about a quarter of the porch floor and stripped and stained it with less than perfect results. I'll publish some pictures here soon.

Re Physics: I read, and will re read, an article in the American Journal of Physics on thermodynamics which contains a very logical presentation on why entropy can be increased in adiabatic processes, in other words dS> dQ/T. I'll post the reference soon.


If you happen to read this, send me an email or a comment just so I know someone is out there.

1 comment:

NicoleGaziano said...

Dr. C!

This is the longest you've gone without a post! Hope all is well!!


-Nicole Gaziano RHS 2012