Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cycling and Charity Fund Raiser

Been doing some short rides lately, trying to get my pace from pathetic to merely pitiable. My estimate of time to complete a hilly ride is 3 minutes per mile plus 3 minutes per hundred feet of climb. By August, I can usually improve on this by about ten percent. That was the pace I rode at last September in the Josh Billings event. It was good enough to get me into the LAST 25 of 425 riders. Clearly, there is vast room for improvement. In the mean time, every time I pass one of those yellow traffic signs that says SLOW, I take it as comment on my riding rather than a warning of an upcoming traffic hazard.


I was thinking of doing a charity ride for the Jimmy Fund on June 2. The Jimmy fund supports a child cancer research/care center in Boston. I'll need to raise a minimum $350 in addition to the entrance fee. Anyone out there care to help? Comment or email me if you do. Please include an email address in your comment; I cannot respond directly otherwise.

No comments: