Sunday, August 10, 2014

Address Sign

One of the things I have been doing is carving an address sign. Although it was my first real attempt at carving numbers, or anything else for that matter,I managed to do a decent enough job to hang it out, so I made a post and bracket, dug a hole and placed it. I attached a bird house we bought two years ago to the top of the post. All this made my wife pretty happy.

The address sign was kind of necessary, since the 1884 (presumably the date of construction) on the center of the house confused lots of folks. Like all projects, this one required a few preliminary projects, including repairing the post hole digger I bought last year. I'll paint the post white after the wood has a chance to dry out properly.

During the time I was working on the sign and installing shutters and some needed preliminary work for gutters, my neighbors managed to nearly complete a 36 foot long addition to their barn. You can see the addition in the  picture.

No comments: