Friday, April 13, 2012

Family, Home, and Culture


Had a great time at Passover at my sister's house. She has a wonderful set of children, children in law, and grandkids. I would have to say that my family's best talent  is the ability to pick great spouses.

I recently began working on the sills, beams, and joists of my house  and this will probably keep me pretty busy through mid May, with time out for rides, cultural activities, etc.

Speaking of cultural activities, yesterday we went to the fine arts museum in Springfield  MA. It has a small but very fine collection of paintings, well worth seeing if you are in the area. We followed this with dinner in Wethersfield, CT, a fine old town with many pre revolutionary and some fine federal period buildings. This was followed by a great concert with the Hartford Symphony playing the Dvorak Cello Concerto, and Sibelius Second Symphony. Fine and exciting performances with Gerard Schwarz conducting with his son the cello soloist. Not a bad ending to a day that started with removing forms from a concrete pad I poured on Wednesday and getting a beam up on house jacks.

No comments: