Saturday, August 31, 2013

Colorado Visit Summer 2013

Just got back from Colorado Tuesday night. Twelve days of visiting my son Daniel, hiking and cycling. I started off with a trip to the Collegiate Peaks with Daniel and his friend Lauren. I made it up to Elkhead Pass at 13,200 but was too beat by altitude to follow Daniel to the top of Mt. Belford at 14,100'. I'll have to go back since he said the views were incredible, far better than the already great views from the pass. The next day we waked around Winfield, an abandoned mining town near the Collegiate Peaks. Here are some photos from Winfield:






While they look pretty impressive from the valleys, the mountains are far more impressive when seen from the peaks and high passes. To quote I believe, from John Muir " go to the mountains and get their glad tidings.

No comments: