Sunday, October 26, 2014

Very Local News


On the home front my neighbor's chickens are invading our stream bed and lawns.  I assume they will eventually run out of bugs to eat and leaves us alone.

The battle against invasive plants goes on. I was a bit dismayed to see how much nightshade and oriental bittersweet were growing along our stream. However that was nothing compared to what I felt when I went to cut them out. I discovered a small jungle of multiflora rose  with some plants having stems well over an inch in diameter. I attacked them as best I could but they fought back viciously. I'll enter the fray again as soon as I get a transfusion ( well maybe I'll just eat some red meat).

I then went and bagged some yellow flag iris that was invading a swale running down our pastureland.

No comments: