Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Honors Project Groups

My apologies to the project groups whom I did not get to work with yesterday. I needed to address a few lab related issues. Then, with the midyear exams on the horizon, I thought it would be best to go over the last test again for the benefit of several students before getting to the projects. That cost us about another 30 minutes. Finally, the folks working on the NJ Physics Olympics have been putting lots of time with little attention from me, so when they asked for some time, I felt it was the right thing to give it to them.

As it was, one group and another student ended up staying and we were worked til about 5 PM, making some real progress. I congratulate them for their endurance. As for the rest of you, please don't let yesterday's experience discourage you. Also, recognize, as I think many of you are doing now, spending long hours while coming to grips with something hard to understand or achieving something difficult can lead to a very satisfying sense of accomplishment and even profound happiness.


No comments: